Easy Breaky Apple Carrot Muffins
Updated: 2 days ago
I woke up early one morning craving carrot muffins and since I have nowhere to rush off to, I thought… why not make some! Believe it or not, despite my lack of culinary abilities, it turns out I am quite a good baker! This is likely because I come from a family of bakers on both sides. My mom and aunt seriously spoiled us growing up! Everything in our lunchboxes were homemade: cookies, cupcakes, tarts, cakes, pizza pockets, EVERYTHING!
Whenever I had friends over, my mom would whip up a batch of fresh cookies or tarts for us to enjoy.
Anyway, I whipped these together quickly before the fam woke up and we have been snacking on them ever since!
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
¾ cups sugar (use coconut sugar for less sweet)
2 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs (can substitute for flax egg if vegan)
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated carrot
2 grated apples
2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Soak grated carrots in maple syrup (optional)
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, oil + vanilla in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
4. Add carrots and apples. Fold in slowly. Don’t over mix.
5. Scoop into greased muffin tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean!