Bermua's Luxury Picnic Brand Eettafel's Kale Citrus Salad
Updated: Jan 13
By Elizabeth Blankendal (EETTAFEL)
Wherever you are in the world, I hope you're safe and sound at home. As we all navigate the global COVID-19 crisis, it's important that we're still nourishing ourselves—not just our stomachs, but also our minds, our hearts and our communities.
Pantry-based and nourishing - here is one of our favorite spring time recipes!
1 Navel Orange
1 Kale Bunch
¼ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
Sea Salt + Pepper
1. Wash and dry the kale and cut out any of the large stems. Pour some olive oil onto your hands, pick up handfuls of the kale and gently rub the oil into the leaves. The leaves will turn glossy and the volume will decrease slightly. Near the end of the massaging process, sprinkle with some sea salt and lemon juice.
2. Set kale aside while you make the dressing and prepare the other accoutrements.
3. Prepare and slice avocado and citrus fruits into small bite sized slices and leave to rest.
4. Combine olive oil, sea salt and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a mason jar (or other container with lid). Put lid on and shake well to emulsify.
5. Toss together all ingredients gently and serve fresh!